This blog post will explore the delightful world of Spanish cuisine with our scrumptious Spanish-inspired baked salmon recipe. So, keep reading to discover more about one of the most delicious, quick, and easy Spanish fish recipes.
Origins of the Spanish Baked Salmon Dish
The Spanish baked salmon dish beautifully blends traditional Spanish flavors with modern ingredients, creating a delightful culinary experience. It’s a great example of how global ingredients can blend seamlessly into Spanish cooking, resulting in a delightful fusion of flavors that everyone can enjoy.
While salmon isn’t native to Spain, its versatility makes it a welcome addition to Spanish kitchens, complementing the bold spices and herbs commonly used in the cuisine. The paprika salmon recipe offers a healthier take on the classic Spanish fried fish. It’s similar, featuring fish fillets and potatoes, but here, both are roasted instead of fried. This boosts the dish’s healthiness and lets you savor all the ingredients fully, making it one of the best ways to enjoy the flavors of salmon.
- 4 salmon fillets (6-8 ounces each), preferably skin-on
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (220 ml) white wine
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Lemon wedges (for garnish and serving)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Ensure the oven rack is in the center position for even cooking.
- Use a baking dish large enough to accommodate the salmon fillets and the sliced potatoes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the baking dish and spread it evenly to prevent sticking.
- Arrange the potato rounds in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish. Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into thin slices. Peel and cut the onions into thin slices, making the Spanish salmon cooking process easier and faster.
- Mix smoked paprika, dried oregano, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of this spice mixture over the potato rounds.
- Scatter the thinly sliced onions over the potatoes in the baking dish.
- Lay the salmon fillets, skin-side down, on top of the bed of onions and potatoes.
- Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture over the salmon fillets.
- Gently pour the white wine into the baking dish, ensuring that it’s distributed evenly.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the salmon fillets.
- Cover them completely with aluminum foil to trap in the flavors and moisture, and cook for 20 minutes at 200°C.
- Continue baking until the salmon is thoroughly cooked, and the potatoes are tender. Cooking times may vary based on the thickness of the salmon and potato slices.
Once done, remove the foil, garnish the dish with freshly chopped parsley, and serve the Spanish baked salmon hot. Provide lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the salmon before enjoying.
To prepare the Spanish salmon recipe, you can crush the garlic using a mortar and pestle or any similar kitchen appliance. If you want to make this spicy garlic salmon even spicier, you can add a pinch of chili powder or coat the salmon fillets with a few tablespoons of hot sauce.
Find Fresh Seafood at International Fresh Market
Choosing high-quality ingredients is the first step in creating delicious and healthy international meals. At International Fresh Market, we make it easy for you to enjoy a well-balanced lifestyle. Serving the Chicagoland area, we offer a wide selection of fresh seafood from around the world, ensuring both quality and authenticity. Visit our store or contact us today to discover a variety of fish recipes to enhance your cooking experience.